Sponsored Work Visa Lawyers
Work sponsorship visas are one of the most favoured visa programs to win the right to work temporarily or permanently in Australia. They are the most streamlined visa options and easiest to apply for if you are skilled, have competent English Language ability and have an Australian employer that is willing to sponsor you in a suitable position.
The most common work sponsorship visa programs in Australia are the 482 (previously known as 457) temporary work visa, the 186 Employer Nomination Scheme (ENS), and the new skilled employer sponsored regional visa 494.
More About Australia Sponsor Work Visa
Temporary Skilled Shortage Visa (482)
To be eligible for a 482 visa you must meet the following:
- Be nominated to work in an approved occupation on The Skilled Occupation Lists,
- Meet the skill requirements for the nominated occupation,
- Have been nominated by an approved business, and
- Have the appropriate English language skills.
You can be in or outside Australia when you lodge your application and include your family member in the application. The processing time frame for this application can range between 4 to 8 weeks. If approved the visa will be valid for a period up to 4 years (depending on the approved occupation) and you may be eligible to apply for a permanent residency after 3 years. If you have any questions regarding this Australian work sponsorship visa, don’t hesitate to contact us.
As part of the visa conditions you must comply with the following:
- Maintain health insurance for you and any including family members throughout the duration of the visa,
- Work in the same nominated occupation for the same sponsor unless you transfer your visa over to another employer, and
- If you cease employment you must find another employer to sponsor you within 60 days, apply for a different visa category or make arrangements to leave Australia.