ENS (Employer Nomination Scheme) – Permanent Sponsorship Visa Subclass 186
To nominate an overseas worker for a permanent appointment you must meet the following:
- Be an actively and lawfully operating business in Australia,
- Have a genuine need for a paid employee to fill a skilled position without discriminating against Australian workers,
- Offer a skilled position in the nominated employee’s field that is full time and ongoing for at least two years and pay a market salary rate,
- Comply with Australian immigration and workplace relations laws, and
- There is no adverse information known about your business.
You must also nominate the overseas worker in one of the following three streams and meet the requirements for each stream:
- Temporary Residence Transition Stream: For employees who are existing 457/482 visa holders and have worked within your business for at least two years in the same nominated position as sponsored under the 457 visa or for at least three years under the 482 visas.
- Direct Entry Stream: For highly skilled overseas workers, who are either from Australia or overseas who are in need to fill a position for a permanent appointment.
- Agreement Stream: For employees who are sponsored under an approved labour hire agreement through your business and a permanent appointment is available for them to fill.