The state of NSW runs the skilled nominated migration (190) program in order to attract highly skilled people in a range of occupations to contribute to NSW skills needs. NSW’s position as an appealing destination for skilled migrants is confirmed beyond doubt by the significant demand shown for NSW nomination for the 190 Visa.
The purpose of the NSW skilled visa program is to help drive economic growth, competitiveness and productivity in NSW. Through the 190 program we aim to nominate highly skilled migrants whose occupational skills are needed in NSW.
NSW selects and invites candidates to apply for NSW nomination. Candidates are selected from the Department of Home Affairs SkillSelect database. NSW Department of Industry selects and invites the highest ranking candidates who meet the NSW nomination criteria in eligible occupations on an ongoing basis. Invitations are not guaranteed.
- Some occupations on the NSW 190 Priority Occupation List (NSW 190 List) are now subject to an additional requirement for nomination by NSW.
- The additional requirement for these occupations is to be living in NSW, and to have been employed in NSW for at least one year, in the nominated occupation.
- These occupations are indicated on the NSW 190 Priority Skilled Occupation List.
To be considered for NSW selection, candidates must meet minimum eligibility requirements including:
- Meet NSW occupation requirements.
- Score a minimum of at least 65 points on the Australian Department of Home Affairs points test and meet relevant Commonwealth visa criteria.
- Have been selected by NSW and received an invitation to apply for NSW nomination.
- Submit a complete and accurate application for NSW nomination within 14 days of being invited to apply.
- Commit to living and working in NSW for at least the first two years after being granted the 190 visa.
The 2019/2020 list has been published at Industry NSW Website. For further details, visit: https://www.industry.nsw.gov.au/live-and-work-in-nsw/visas-and-immigration/skilled-nominated-migration-190