ENS / RSMS – Permanent Employment Sponsorship Visa

Want to book a consultation?
Don’t hesitate to get in touch!

ENS / RSMS – Permanent Employment Sponsorship Visa

The Employer Nomination Scheme (ENS) and Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme (RSMS) allow you to sponsor highly skilled workers on a permanent term to fill skilled vacancies within your business. The vacancies can be filled by either skilled workers from overseas or temporary residents who are already living and working in Australia such as 457/482 visa holders.

To nominate an overseas worker for a permanent appointment you must meet the following:

  1. Be an actively and lawfully operating business in Australia,
  2. Have a genuine need for a paid employee to fill a skilled position without discriminating against Australian workers,
  3. Offer a skilled position in the nominated employee’s field that is full time and ongoing for at least two years and pay a market salary rate,
  4. Comply with Australian immigration and workplace relations laws, and
  5. There is no adverse information known about your business.


You must also nominate the overseas worker in one of the following three streams and meet the requirements for each stream:

  1. Temporary Residence Transition Stream: For employees who are existing 457/482 visa holders and have worked within your business for at least two years in the same nominated position as sponsored under the 457 visa or for at least three years under the 482 visas.
  2. Direct Entry Stream: For highly skilled overseas workers, who are either from Australia or overseas who are in need to fill a position for a permanent appointment.
  3. Agreement Stream: For employees who are sponsored under an approved labour hire agreement through your business and a permanent appointment is available for them to fill.

For further information on how to apply for an ENS or RSMS contact us for a free assessment with a highly competent lawyer or agent from our team. We provide services all over the major regions in Australia including Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth etc.

Get in touch
Speak to one of our specialists!

Share This

Select your desired option below to share a direct link to this page

Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Share on linkedin
Share on skype
Share on pinterest
Share on email